The wheelchair cushion Vicair Active offers the unique combination of ergonomically shaped foam and Vicair SmartCells. The three rear SmartCell compartments provide a high level of comfort and skin protection, and offload the sitting bones and tailbone area. The foam front compartment makes transfers easy. It also gives a great sense of stability and better wheelchair handling. The cushion is made of comfortably breathable textile, that is washable at 60°C. The Vicair Active has an easy accessible storage pouch for precious belongings (keys, phone, wallet). In short: everything you need to maintain your active lifestyle!
The wheelchair cushion Vicair Active helps prevent pressure ulcers. It is also a high quality addition to a pressure ulcer treatment plan (stage I-IV).
The Vicair Active is also available in an O2 version: the Vicair Active O2 – 100% machine washable & breathable.
Choose a 10 cm high cushion model:
- Always a better and safer option.
- Creates better immersion and envelopment.
- Ideal in cases where asymmetry is present.
- Greater adjustment possibilities. You can both add and remove SmartCells.
Choose a 6 cm high cushion model:
- When functionality is at stake. F.i. when a person can’t get underneath a table with his legs when he/she would use a 9 or 10 cm high cushion.
- When the user has lower risk of developing pressure injuries.
- Can be used with active users with a custom fit wheelchair without the option to change the height of foot plates, back rest etc.
- Reduced adjustment possibilities. Never remove SmartCells, only add SmartCells.
- To be used in combination with a sling seat. The sling ensures a better adoption of the body contours.
Used with (among others)
|Spinal cord injuries||Active users with a high transfer frequency|
|Paraplegia||Multiple Sclerosis (MS)|
|Available height||6 and 9 cm|
|Average weight||700 grams|
|Max. user weight||200 kg|
|Ready for use||Yes|
|Machine washable||Yes. 60°C (when emptied)|
|Warranty||24 months | Lifetime Warranty on SmartCells|